Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Turns out Nine is Kind

Fruits and vegetables from a farmers market. c...Image via Wikipedia
I ate nine servings of fruits and vegetables yesterday, and was up several times during the night to pee.

If you wake up alot to pee, chances are you're going to see good results on the scale, because that is what happened to me.  I lost the 1.2 pounds and then some! 

After dinner yesterday, I went to Wegman's and bought some "VitaTops" muffins.  You'll find them in the freezer breakfast foods section.  They are 100 calories and have 8 grams of fiber, and 15 vitamins.  I tried two of the Banana Nut ones this morning, and they were delicious!  I also had some hot green tea, a bananna, and a cup of cherries. 

Lunch is another Healthy Choice entree (that has one serving of vegetables) and a box of steamed broccoli that contains 3 servings of vegetables, along with a peach.  With the cherries and bannana from breakfast, that's 7 of my 9 so far.

Dinner will be Panera's 1/2 turkey sandwich, 1/2 cafe classic salad, a cup of chicken noodle soup, and an apple, bringing my vegetable/fruit count to 9.

Here's the calorie breakdown:

Breakfast:  approx. 400
Lunch:  approx. 500
Dinner:  approx. 500

1 comment:

Christina said...

Good for you, Heather! Congrats on the weight loss. I think I have tried those muffins before? Anyways, have a great day!