Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Mom H

The Brady Bunch opening grid, season oneImage via Wikipedia

I have two jewelry boxes.  One is tangible, and holds all the shiny and colorful things my sweetie pie has bought for me over the years. 

The other jewelry box is invisible, and in my heart.  I know it sounds corny.  But the one in my heart is the one I treasure most, because it contains the lovely things that make up my life.  My sweetie pie, my kids, Madimoo, my friends, and another very special person, Mom H. 

Mom H is Kevin's mother, and he was lucky enough to be born in a Brady Bunch kind of family, with parents that loved him, and his brother, and two sisters -- all of whom are happy, well adjusted, hard-working, honest, caring, family-oriented people. 

When Kevin tells me stories about what it was like growing up, I can't help but get a little misty-eyed sometimes, and of course, I always get a great big grin on my face.  He grew up in sunny Florida, which right there, will make a happy kid.  I mean who couldn't be happy with Micky Mouse nearby, and the ocean just a few minutes away.  But I know what really helped mold him into the wonderful man he is today, is the love and care he received from his mother.

I knew right away that I had a keeper in Kevin when he told me about his Mom.  I could tell how much he respected her, and loved her.  You know what they say ... a guy who loves his mother, will be a wonderful husband, and that has proved very true.

I consider myself a pretty happy person.  And part of what makes me happy, is being thankful for all the blessings in my life.  I can live without new cars, fancy houses, and expensive clothes.  But I can't live without the love that people in my life have so generously given.

So this is my shout out of appreciation to you, Mom H.  Thank you so much for reading my blog, and rooting for me, and picking up the baton of health and fitness and running along side me in this journey.  I can't express how much it means to me, and how very, very, lucky I am to have a mom-in-law like you.

Smooch.  Smooch.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: