Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hungry Night

I was hungry all afternoon and all night.  I think it was the grilled chicken pita.  I had it plain, with just one small grilled chicken breast chopped up on it with some lettuce and tomato.  I should have added some fruit or a small salad or something, because on the drive home I was really hungry, so much so that I stopped at Taco bell at 3:30 pm and got a fresco taco for 180 calories.

I had to wait for dinner last night because Eddie had plans, and I was starving at about 6:00.  So I had a 100 calorie pack of cookies.  The sugar just made me hungrier, so I thought I would balance it out and have a handful of nuts (protein ya know).  Then I was craving something sweet again, so I had another 100 calorie pack of cookies.  By then I was all messed up ... still hungry, and feeling like I needed something nutritious.  So when Eddie got home we went to Cracker Barrel, and I had a cup of vegetable soup and a grilled cheese sandwich.  Not great.

I think I ended up having close to 2,000 calories.  Lesson learned?  Have a more substantial lunch, and don't buy any more 100 calorie cookies!

I'm back on track today.  To save some money, I had a free capuccino coffee here at work, and a bagel from the upstairs cafeteria for 90 cents, and 450 calories total.  Lunch will be my normal sandwich and apple for $2.50  and 430 calories.  Dinner is going to be Panera's 1/2 turkey on multigrain, 1/2 classic cafe salad, 1 cup of chicken noodle soup, and an apple for about $8.00, and 430 calories. 

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: