Wednesday, August 11, 2010

An Observation on Females of the Perfect Persuasion

On Monday night, I watched "Bachelor Pad," which features the rejects of 14 seasons of "The Bachelor" and six seasons of "The Bachelorette," all competing for $250,000.  It proves to be an excellent study of human behavior, much like a Discovery Channel feature about piranhas.  

In case you didn't know, there are 20 different species of piranhas, of which only four species are actually blood thirsty and mentally unbalanced, hanging in packs, or shoals, of 20 or more, waiting to rip something to shreds in a bloody frenzy.  I read somewhere that piranhas represent a part of the "checks and balances" part of nature, so to speak.  Something like "survival of the fittest."  The piranhas are nature's way of getting rid of the weak. 

On Bachelor Pad, I watched with utter fascination the backstabbing, emotionally unstable, yet body perfect females, pick their packs, and with military-like precision, and razor-sharp teeth, establish their targets, and attack.

It made me feel just a little okay about myself.  I've always lamented my size.  And even though I am working to change my appearance, I am grateful for the lessons I've learned as a larger person.  The best lessons being compassion, sensitivity, and tolerance.

No comments: