Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Italian Night

logoImage via Wikipedia
I've been taking one day a week to eat what I want.  It helps me stay on track, and I find that I have something to look forward to all week.  When I really crave something, I just tell myself that it will be only a few more days and then I can have it.

Last night Eddie and I went to Olive Garden.  I figured it was better to fill up on salad, and ask for a box to immediately put away 1/2 of my spaghetti before it could even tempt me.  It worked!  I had two helpings of salad, minus the croutons, with light Italian dressing (90 calories?); 1/2 order of spaghetti w/ meat sauce (350 calories); one breadstick (150 calories); and one child's size gelato (250 calories).  Yum-yum.   My total for yesterday, including breakfast and lunch, was about 1,820 calories. 

However, it's true what they say about the bad kind of carbs stimulating your hungries. I was starving this morning and wanted to dive into some pancakes and sausage.  But I refrained, and ate my ususal Starbucks breakfast.  Lunch was my usual BLT with mustard on wheat, apple and 100 calorie cookies.  Dinner will be one of Wendy's new salads and a small chili. 

For exercise today I will complete the Leslie Sansone one mile walk video, and do some more work in the laundry room -- trying to get it spic and span and organized.

Unfortunately, I'm getting paid to work, and my lunch hour is over.

 Arrivederci!

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Christina said...

We try to do that Leslie Sansone 1-miler here at work sometimes at lunch! It's so simple to do too! :)