Saturday, August 21, 2010

Made a New Plan, Stan -- and 12 pounds total gone now

You know how I was going to make all those vegetables for dinner?  I was excited about taking pictures of it all and letting you know how the tomatoes turned out.  Well, sometimes your plans change ....

I had a couple of special visitors last night -- Madimoo and her Daddy!  Christina was with her girlfriend picking out dresses for her friend's upcoming wedding.  We missed you Christina! 

After some story-book reading, paper-dolling, bowling and golfing (the kid's plastic sets!), we headed over to Logan's for dinner.  I had the grilled chicken ceasar salad, half a honey buttered roll, and some mini peanut butter/chocolate dessert thingy.  Very scrumptious, but I could have done without the roll and the dessert thingy.

Madimoo sat next to me at dinner, and we colored in a color by number book -- she knows her numbers!  And her colors!

It was nice to have a night out with my oldest and dearest son and talk about things going on in his life.  It is true that our children are raised by a village ... because I know I wasn't any where near completely responsible for the wonderful young man he has turned out to be.  I'm just so proud.  I know it's not nice to boast, but I just can't help it.  God really worked overtime when he made my kids, but I know He realizes how grateful I am because I thank Him every day.

 After dinner, Madimoo showed us her super-duper balance beam techniques on the curb, gave me a big hug and said, "I love you grandma!" and wanted to know when she could come over to spend the whole day -- just us.  How sweet is that?!!  I guess she's growing up -- no more "Gammie."  I'm "Grandma" now.  Oh, she can call me whatever she wants to, but boy "Grandma" makes me feel old.

Well tomorrow is weigh-in day, so I'm going to try to be extra good, only I don't know how that is going to be possible because Kevin and I are going to celebrate our anniversary tonight.  I'll let you know how it goes.  But just in case, I want it on the record that I lost the pound I gained, and lost another one on top of that, so I'm 12 pounds down now!

No comments: