Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thunderous Thursday

This image shows a display of healthy foods on...Image via Wikipedia
Woowee, what a storm at 8:00 in the morning!  Kinda looks like the end of the world out there!

I was pontificating this morning on all the diets I've been on over the years, and all the diet books I've read.  And in every single one of them it really boils down to these things:  eat less, move more, increase your vegetable and fruit intake, substitute the white stuff (potatoes, rice, white bread) with whole grains, thereby increasing your fiber intake, eat lean protein -- preferably fish; stay away from processed foods; eat good fats (olive oil, nuts, avacados); and eat 2 to 3 low-fat dairy products daily.

I've also read about the advantages of calorie switching.  For example, in a seven day week, have two 1,800 calorie days, three 1,600 calorie days, and two 1,200 calorie days.  It also helps to have a couple of low carb days thrown in there to mix it all up and keep the dreaded plateau away.

I have done some of these things.  I have eaten less, and moved a little bit more.  I have switched up my calories from day to day.  But I could definitely work on eating more fruits and vegetables, fish, and dairy.  So that's what I'm going to work on this following week.

And now I'll end with some new slogans I thought up:

Be kind to your behind, and eat nine!  (Nine fruits and vegetables, that is.)

Dairy makes you light as a fairy!

Roses are red, kilts are plaid, no more Ho Hos, boy I'm mad!



Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Christina said...

I like your slogans :)