Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sodium

Tuna, avocado and black olive sandwich.Image via Wikipedia
Yesterday was a good day.  Cereal, bananna, and skim milk in the morning.  Burger, coke and a salad for lunch.  Triscuits, cheese, and peach for snack.  Tuna sandwich and cherries for dinner.

This morning:  Skinny vanilla latte and apple bran muffin.

Lunch was Stouffer's frozen green pepper steak entree (240 calories) and Green Giant steamed Immunity Boost brocoli/pepper mix (100 calories) and Snackwell's cookies (210 calories).

I just looked at the Stouffer's box and realized there are 910 mg of sodium.  230 mg sodium in the vegetables.  Looked up Starbucks:  520 mg sodium in the muffin; 170 mg in the latte.  Already had my day's worth.

I really need to start looking at the sodium.  They say it has a real impact on how much weight you can lose.  I will be more diligent from now on.

Tonight Kevin and I are going to Mimi's.  I'm getting the 355 calorie dinner of petite sirloin, greens with fat-free balsamic vinegar, and asaparagus.

Tomorrow is weigh-in day.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: