Sunday, August 1, 2010

Not giving in

Cinnamon roll as produced by cinnabonImage via Wikipedia
This morning I almost had a very unhealthy breakfast.  I was thinking to myself that I have lost 9 pounds so far since starting this blog and that I could indulge in a big breakfast and would have the whole week to make up for it. 

But for the very first time in my life, I decided not to ..... not because of the issue of losing weight ... but because I am starting to feel better, and I know if I ate a big breakfast (I'm talkin' eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, toast with butter, o.j., coffe with cream and sugar, and a cinnamon roll, ya'll), that I would feel awful physically -- lethargic, sleepy, and fuzzy-headed. 

So I had my skinny cinnamon dolce latte and Starbuck's Perfect Oatmeal with fruit and brown sugar for a total of 400 calories.  I was satisfied, and I felt good.  Full of energy, and a clear conscious, I cleaned the kitchen and the bathroom.  I'm going to tackle the downstairs today and finish the laundry.  A trip to the mall for a mile walk is in order as well.

And as much as I loved Cinnamon rolls, in particular, Cinnabon rolls, I know they can NEVER pass my lips again.  They are to me what wine is to an alcoholic.  I would not be able to recover ... it would set me up for failure on my healthy eating plan.  Another never-again-food is Krispy Kreme doughnuts.  They truly make me feel awful, and they set me up for the bad kinds of carbs and thus a 5 pound gain in no time flat.


More later ..... going to take advantage of this quirky energy spurt, so unusual for my middle-aged self, and git r dun!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: