Friday, July 30, 2010

The Unveiling

Today I met my girlfriends for lunch for the ring unveiling.  I sat by the window in the sunny spot to ensure it would sparkle to its full capacity.  My lovely friends gasped and sighed, and said all the right things, and we passed it around and everyone tried it on.  It was universally agreed that it was a wonderful addition to the family.

I started my day with the usual apple bran muffin and skinny latte. 

I didn't do too bad on calories at lunch, but it was by accident.  Someone up there is looking out for me!  I orderd the bourbon salmon, and it was a nasty, old, piece of fish.  They graciously took it back and made me another nasty, old, piece of fish.  So I ended up eating a small side salad with lite Italian dressing, and half of a baked sweet potato with cinnamon and removed half the butter on it.  I also had one tiny slice of pumpernickle bread with a tiny bit of butter, and a handful of peanuts while I was waiting.  The good news:  the meal ended up being free.  Can't beat that.

Dinner was 1/2 a turkey sandwich on whole grain bread, a cup of chicken noodle soup, and an apple.

Gonna head out for a small McDonald's ice cream cone in a few minutes.

Today was a perfect summer day-- 88 degrees, a nice breeze, and lower humidity.  Top that off with some bargain shopping, lunch out, good conversation, and hugs from my friends ... a most stupendous day!

No comments: