Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Overdoing It

Sunday was my free day and ate what I wanted, and as a result I was out sick yesterday.  Up all night with indigestion and heartburn.  Tums did not help.  Afraid of falling asleep at the wheel on my 2 hour commute to work, so I stayed home. 

I have found that my body is a creatures of habit.  My stomach, I believe, has shrunk enough to accomodate 1,600 calories a day, which is great news.

Here's what I ate Sunday:  Skinny latte and apple bran muffin for breakfast (440 calories).  I then went over to Christina and Dylan's and brought some muffins with me.  Ate one of those (640 friggin calories!).  Stayed around for lunch and had a pork bbq sandwich and three bites of slaw (500 calories?).  Later that afternoon I had some triscuits and cheese (200 calories).  Then for dinner I had 1 piece of boneless fried chicken breast, cabbage, mashed potatoes with gravy and a biscuit with jelly and butter (800 calories?).  Can't even say I worked any of it off.  Just an all around lazy Sunday.

All's good though.  I have read that you need a day like that to shake up your metabolism and confuse your body.  Right???!!!!

Yesterday was much better, and I found that I was craving fruits and vegetables.  I snagged the most perfect peaches at the grocery store and had two of them yesterday, along with some lo-fat waffles.  Lunch was soup and 1/2 sandwich, and an entire apple.  Dinner was a 6 in. subway club with extra vegetables.  A snack later of 3 triscuits, 3 small pieces of cheese and a nectarine.  About 1,400 calories for the day.

My usual breakfast today (latte and muffin).  Planning on a sandwich and a piece of fruit for lunch.  Grilled chicken ceasar salad for dinner.






Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: