Thursday, July 15, 2010

A quiet, grown up, dinner

I'm adjusting to a quiet house.  There were days before Eddie left for WW when I could hardly wait until he was out on his own -- the constant clothes on the floor, messy room, stuff all over the place.  And I can't believe I'm saying this ... but I miss it.  I miss him bounding up the stairs and calling my name when I got home from work.  I miss his giggles as he watched something funny on You Tube and his "Mom, come here, you gotta see this!"  I miss having a dinner buddy, and a going to the mall buddy, and watching a movie buddy.  I miss his sweet personality so much.  I even miss yelling at him to wipe up the wet floor in the bathroom after his shower, and the smell of his bathroom -- dial soap and shampoo.  The empty nest is a little lonely. 

But there are some good things.  Like watching what I want to watch on TV, complete and total uninterrupted use of the computer, less laundry, and the house stays clean.  Plus I can now dart out of my room in my unnies.  And darting, my friends, burns calories.

But I guess the best thing is that it is so much easier to eat better and stay on track.  Eddie's daily trips to the gym and the walk through our hilly neighborhood keep him in shape, so he can afford a mocha frappe and a Five Guys cheeseburger and fries. 

So last night, I put on some smooth jazz, poured myself a glass of wine, and had me some triscuits with some kind of Frenchy grown-up cheese.  That was my dinner.  And I was satisfied.

No comments: