Tuesday, July 20, 2010

DON'T EAT THE WEIGHT WATCHERS MUFFINS!

Structure of Xanthan gumImage via Wikipedia
I think I am going to give up on the Weight Watchers muffins.  I am STARVING!  I never felt this way eating my Starbucks Apple bran muffin and skinny latte.  This is extremely uncomfortable -- light headed, kind of sick to my stomach.  Here are the ingredients (NO WONDER I AM FEELING ILL!):

Enriched Wheat Flour Bleached (Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Glycerin, Whole Eggs, Chocolate Chips (Sugar, Chocolate Liquor, Cocoa Butter, Soy Lecithin, Vanilla Extract); Cocoa Processed With Alkali, Soy Fiber, Inulin (Natural Extract of Chicory Roots), Dextrose, Nonfat Milk, Invert Sugar, Food Starch-Modified, Soybean Oil, Salt, Leavening (Baking Soda, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Aluminum Sulfate), Propylene Glycol Mono & Diesters of Fatty Acids, Mono & Diglycerides, Datem With Alpha Tocopherols & Citric Acid As Preservatives, Potassium Sorbate & Sodium Propionate (As Preservatives), Sodium Alginate, Fructose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum (SEE CHEMICAL STRUCTURE ABOVE!),
Natural & Artificial Flavors, Propylene Glycol, Tricalcium Phosphate, Corn Syrup, Polysorbate 80, Caramel Color, Citric Acid, Wheat Starch, Red 40, Ascorbic Acid. 091807 (WHAT IS THAT?) Contains (Wheat, Eggs, Milk, Soy).

Jeeze Louise!  What total JUNK.  Starbucks says that their products are made with purely natural ingrendents.  I think the $6 and some change is worth feeling good!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: