Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Finally .... a phone call from Eddie

It's pretty funny ... I remember before we took Eddie to school that I had told Kevin that I would give him my cell phone so that he could answer when Eddie called.  I was very fearful that he would try to call us within 20 miles of leaving the place to come pick him up.  Well, I didn't hear from him at all the first afternoon or night.  Going crazy wondering how his day went, I called him at about 9:30 pm.  He hurriedly answerd the phone and said, "Look Mom, I'm busy.  I'll call you later."  He never did.  The second day I waited until 4:30 to call as I knew that would be a little free time for him from the schedule provided.   Again he called and said, "Mom, I'm busy, I'll call you later." 

Well, at least I knew he was alive. 

Finally, he called back at 7:30.  I asked him how everything was going and he said, "It's awesome!"  He liked his roommates.  He said one was quiet, and the other one a chatter box, but that he preferred a chatterbox to a boring person.  He said he was on his way to the rec center.  I asked him how it was going with the ladies.  And he said, "Mom, you know what you used to tell me?  Well, you're right!  And I can't talk right now on account of there's a bunch around me." 

Well, two days down, and he seems to really like it and this helps me be peaceful about food.  This morning's breakfast:  skinny cinnamon dolce latte, bananna and an apple bran muffin.

No comments: