Friday, July 23, 2010

Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Archbishop Desmond TutuImage via Wikipedia
I got a book for Eddie entitled Easier Than You Think ... because life doesn't have to be so hard, by Richard Carlson, Ph.D.  It's a wonderful, small, 195-page book filled with important lessons for living a happy life.  I picked it up, thinking only to spend 10 minutes.  A few hours later, I finished it.  But it's the kind of book I will return to time and time again, like the bible.  In it, he quotes Archbishop Desmond Tutu, who worked all his life to change apartheid in South Africa:

"There is no situation that is not transformable.  There is no person who is hopeless.  There is no set of circumstances that cannot be turned about by ordinary human beings and their natural capacity for love of the deepest sort."

I loved the quote so much that it inspired me to google Archbishop Tutu, and what I read transformed alot of my thinking, and made me realize how small and insignificant my little worries are.  What an amazing man. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: