Thursday, July 8, 2010

parasites, a peek, and a good start

A dear friend of mine came back from the Turks and Caicos in May with a parasite from the water there.  Bless her heart, she was in the hospital for two days last week because the medication they had given her when she returned didn't work properly.  She said she has lost 14 pounds, and believe me, she was small to begin with.  I asked her if it was contagious -- that I would be right over!  But joking aside, she has been miserable, and nobody wants to lose weight that way.  I'm glad to say she's on her way to full recovery.  She's very healthy and fit -- a skier, softball player, bowler, and just an all-around active and physically active person, so she will bounce back just fine.  Go Kingstown Kim!

Because of my transgressions yesterday, I sneaked a peek at the scale this morning.  No gain!  Woo hoo!  That was just enough incentive to keep me on track, so I've made a good start this morning:  skinny latte and an apple bran muffin.  I brought a Healthy Choice frozen dinner and a bannana for lunch.  Subway sub for dinner.  I'll have enough calories left over for a small ice cream cone after dinner.  Eddie and I will go to the mall tonight to walk around for some exercise.

And .... 95 degrees for the high today!  Brrrr!

No comments: