Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sometimes your plans change

Today was another beautiful day.  Awesome weather.  Eddie and I decided to take a drive to the vocational school.  It's in Fishersville, which takes you into the mountains, and is quite lovely.  The campus is the perfect size and the buildings are very nice and modern looking.  The dorms are close to where all the classes and activities are, so I know it will be easy for him to find everything.  It's about two hours away, so not too far from home.  When we got back home we finished shopping for everything for his dorm and he's now all set to go.  He will spend July 4th with 3 of his friends.  He's happy and excited and things are looking good. 

Here's what I ate today:  because we decided last minute to go to the school, my plans from yesterday didn't quite make it on the agenda.  I had an oatmeal from McDonalds and o.j. for breakfast.  For lunch I was still in the mood for breakfast, so I had one pancake and 1/2 sausage patty at the Frost Cafe in Culpepper.  For dinner  I ate half of an Asian Chopped Salad at Mimi's, and a muffin.  And after we finished shopping I had a mocha frappe.  I was probably okay until I had the mocha frappe.  But we did a lot of walking so hopefully that will keep the scale quiet.

I will be going to a pig roast on July 4th.  And no, I'm not the main course -- ha!  But I am worried about how I am going to control the portions, so I am going to preplan.  I am going to bring some watermelon and a bowl of salad to contribute and put the spray spritzer salad dressing in my purse so that I can heap my plate with salad.  I definitely want to try the meat, so I will try to limit it to the size of a deck of cards.  I'll stay away from the salads with mayo in them and the deviled eggs.  If there's green beans or corn, I'll eat that. For dessert I'll have some watermelon.  Sounds like a plan, Stan.

A friend asked how I came up with 1600 calories.  Well, anything more than that and I don't lose.  Any less and I'm starving.  I'm aiming to lose a pound a week, as I think that is doable. 

Gotta get some zzz's.  Need to get up in 5.5 hours to go to work.  Nighty-night.

No comments: