Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Prince, A Kiss, and a Ring

Saturday night and Sunday are the only days I get to spend with my sweetie pie.  During the week we're usually passing one another on The Beast (otherwise known as I-95).  I work days, and he works nights.  So every Saturday we have a date that usually consists of dinner out, a movie, if there is one worth watching, then a trip to Starbucks, and always a trip to Borders, as we both love to read.  Sometimes, we'll stroll around a new furniture store, or my most favorite, a jewelry store! 

On my birthday, before we left the house for dinner, my sweetie pie tapped me on the shoulder, leaned down and gave me a kiss, and said, "how about we go to the jewelry store and let you pick out a new ring?"   Now I ask you, are there any sweeter words?  After I properly showed him my deepest appreciation (ahem), we headed over to the mall.  I found to my delight that there is something that can keep me away from food:  shiny things that fit on my fingers.

We looked at a bunch of things until I laid my eyes on a Le Vian oval citrine ring surrounded by a ring of white diamonds and a ring of chocolate diamonds.  Absolutely gorgeous.  Love at first sight. 

It had to be sized, but I got a call that it is ready to pick up today.  What a sweetrine evening it will be! 

Now to the other stuff.  Breakfast:  skinny latte and an apple bran muffin.  Lunch will be a Smart Ones penne pasta with vodka sauce (290 calories) and some vegetables (50 calories). 
Dinner will be Talapia, brocoli, salad, and rice (500 calories).

Exercise:  a couple of walks around the mall this evening and some bicep curls, as I will be showing off that ring!

No comments: