Saturday, September 4, 2010

Yummy Snacks Under 200 Calories

I just had a Kellogg's Fiber Plus Antioxidants Chocolate Chip Chewy Bar.  YUM YUM!  Tasted wonderful with some hot green tea.  Only 120 calories, and it tastes like a really good candy bar.

Some other snacks under 200 calories that make me happy are: 

1 slice toasted low calorie wheat bread (45 calories) with 1 tbsp peanut butter (90 calories) with 1/2 small bannana sliced (45 calories) and a tiny drizzle of honey (20 calories)

1 sugar free chocolate pudding (60 calories) mixed with 1/2 small bananna sliced (45 calories) and tiny squirt of whipped cream (15 calories); 1 oreo cookie (53 calories)

1/2 whole wheat pita pocket (80 calories); 1 packet of water-pack tuna (60 calories) mixed with 1 celery stick minced fine, and 1 tablespoon low-fat mayo (50 calories), lettuce and tomato

1 lite smoked white meat turkey hot dog (45 calories) on a toasted low calorie bun (100 calories) with saurkraut and mustard

1/2 whole wheat pita pocket (80 calories) with 1 finely chopped boiled egg (70) mixed with 1 tbsp light mayo (50 calories) (stuff with lettuce and tomato)

A while ago there was a diet in a magazine about eating 100 calorie snacks every hour during the day.  I tried it for a couple of days, and I really did lose weight.  Why it works -- even if you eat every hour all day, you're basically up 16 hours a day, so at the most you would be eating 1600 calories.

Why couldn't I stick with it?  It takes a lot of work planning and packing up a whole day's worth of 100 calorie foods to bring to work -- basically 12 hours worth because of my commute, and then reminding myself to eat every hour.  Although I didn't get hungry on the diet, I didn't feel satisifed -- I wanted a complete meal.  As much as I eat out with friends and family, it just wasn't a good match for me.

But, it really did work.  So any of you reading this who wants to try it, go ahead.  I think it would work just as well with 200 calorie snacks throughout the day every two hours. 

No comments: