Tuesday, September 28, 2010

FEELING LIKE A TODDLER

I got some bad news earlier today, and I just wanted to throw myself on the floor and have at it.  When I get really bad news, I lose my appetite.  For a while.  And then once things settle down, the appetite comes back stronger than ever.  And as usual, when I'm feeling overwhelmed and angry, or scared, I want nothing but doughnuts.  And so that's what I had for dinner.  Two of 'em.  Chocolate cake doughnuts with chocolate icing.  (800 fun lovin' calories)  I knew as I ate each and every bite, that it wasn't doing a dang thing for me but adding to the two lumps that already make up my ass. 

But I swear those doughnuts saved me, and probably some other people, as I didn't engage in road rage, or pull my hair out, or cuss, or any number of things.  So for tonight, and only for tonight, doughnuts were my friend.  Tomorrow I'll give them the cold shoulder and tell them to get the heck out of Dodge.

3 comments:

Jean said...

I am so sorry you had such a bad day yesterday. You dealt with that the best way you could. I don't know about you but when I have a really bad day i could eat more then just 2 doughnuts. Love you and I hope today is much better.

Christina said...

I'm sorry about your bad day. Hopefully today will be better. I think 2 donuts isn't bad at all. You could've gone really hog-wild crazy and gone to a buffet and eaten your heart out, or ordered a pizza and ate the whole thing, or kept eating those donuts until you couldn't think straight. I think you handled it well, Heather. I pray today will be a great one for you!

Unknown said...

Hi Heather, you did better than I would have. When I am upset I eat anything and everything in sight. 2 donuts is not that bad. Today will be better day. Have a fabulous day! You deserve it and more!! Love ya:]