Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday, Woodrow Wilson, and oh yeah, Food

Got Eddie safely to school, and helped him set up and unload all his stuff.  We left him feeling good about things.  Really couldn't have asked for a better day ... nice and sunny, no humidity.  Although warm, there were signs of fall all along the way (some color in the leaves on the mountains, and yellow fields).  Eddie took his tv, computer, game system and DVD player with him, so he'll have all his creature comforts with him.  We met one of his dorm mates, who was a heck of a nice kid.  I just got off the phone with Eddie, and he said the other guy arrived just a little bit ago, but that he was really nice, and they were having a lot of fun.  Sounds good.  Keeping my fingers, eyes, and toes crossed!

Okay.  Now, to what you really want to hear about.  Food.  (I'm squirming here).  Got some time?  Here goes:

Breakfast was oatmeal and o.j.  Not too bad.  But stopped in Charlottesville at Michie's Tavern and had two fried chicken wings, some mashed potatoes with gravy, green beans, stewed tomatoes, black eyed peas, a biscuit with honey and butter, and a few bites of peach cobbler.  On the way back from his school, stopped at a Burger King to use the bathroom.  On the way out, grabbed a small fry.  At 9:00 pm, was feeling hungry.  Can you friggin believe it?  Ate two cheeseburger sliders and some more fries.

If there was a rehab joint for fat people, I'd sign myself up.  Geesh.

But all is not lost.  Before we left today, I did manage to go to Walmart and load up on healthy stuff for the entire week.  I got cereal, fruit, healthy choice entrees and yogurt for my breakfasts and lunches.  Dinner will be a stop at Applebees each night for one of their less than 550 calorie meal dinners. 

I feel absolutely miserable.  Bloated, and very, very round.  I am so ready for a healthier week.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I think you will do better this week because you have a little peace of mind about Eddie and school! What you ate doesn't sound bad. What I have been eating this weekend, on the other hand, was pretty unhealthy. Good luck this week and I'm rooting for you!

only a number said...

I hope that your week goes better for you. I've been loading up on vegetable soup lately. It's filling, healthy, and pretty low cal. Progress is slow but it is progress!