Thursday, September 9, 2010

Boob Smoosh

This morning I will get a mammogram in the roving mammovan that will be parked outside our office.  Not looking forward to it, but it has been a few years since I've given the girls over to the Boob Press. 

I wasn't very good with food yesterday.  Had McDonald's sausage mcmuffin (no egg), hashbrown and o.j.  for breakfast.  Lunch was a BLT and apple.  Had a Jimmy Dean DeLight breakfast sandwich (260 calories) and a Pillsbury toaster breakfast pastry thing (210 calories) when I got home.  If I had stopped there, it wouldn't have been too terrible, but then I went to Christina and Dylan's for dinner.  Had spaghetti with meat sauce, three pieces of Italian bread with real butter (I know, I know -- THREE!), and chocolate peanut butter cake (just shoot me, okay?).   After that I just tucked in my head and rolled on home!

Now I know this is no excuse, but yesterday was a VERY stressful day.  Got caught in horrible traffic on 95 so I was a half hour late getting to work.  Kevin had to work late and when he went to his car, he had a flat tire.  Poor guy worked late all night and into the morning and was very tired.  The garage here is always about 92 degrees.  He couldn't get the tire rim off to put on the spare.  Got a guy to help him, but he couldn't get it off either.  Luckily they were able to put some air in the tire and then I followed Kevin to Merchant Tire in Springfield.  That put us in Springfield at 9:00 a.m.  It took us 1 and 1/2 hours, in bumper to bumper traffic, to get from Springfield back to work (normally a 15 minute drive).  Then yesterday the worst kind of work kept coming in -- tedious stuff, with lots of problems, and just tons of work.

On top of that, there was no message from the DRS lady about when Eddie is going back to Woodrow Wilson.  CRAP!  So I started chewing my nails and feeling nervous, and that's what started the food binge.

No talking it out would have helped.  No blogging would have helped.  I'm just on pins and needles about the Woodrow Wilson thing.  And now, I won't feel happy until after the Boob Smoosh is done.  I just hate the whole process.  Slapping my boob on a glass plate like a piece of meat and squeezing the sucker is just no fun.  You'd think they could have thought up something better now -- like an x-ray bra or something like that.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Awww Heather! You poor thing. All of that sounds so stressful.. I can't speak for the boob smoosh but I can just imagine. All of that other stuff going on and that went on is no fun, and it sure doesn't help when you're trying to change your eating habits. I felt semi-stressed yesterday, but no where near how much stress you endured.. Things can only get better from here though, right? They've got no where to go but up! Keep your chin up!