Saturday, September 25, 2010

Carbs Before Noon

I'm still in recovery mode from last week.  Almost back to where I was, but still need to lose 2 pounds to get there.  So today I'm eating my carbs before noon, and then eating low carb tonight.  I'm going to Mimi's for dinner and getting the petite sirloin, salad, and asparagus. 

I decided not to blog about my past.  I deleted the two posts that started delving into the dark regions of my memories.  It didn't do anything for me but get me down.  I'm bigger and better than my past. 

I don't think there is a one person in this life who hasn't had something horrible happen to them.  Or maybe lots of horrible things happen to them.  That's why I think there also isn't a person in this life who doesn't have some kind of vice.  Whether it's food, or drink, or drugs, or excessive shopping, or gambling, or sex, or whatever.  My vice just happens to show itself to everyone I meet.  And maybe that's not a bad thing.  It's forcing me to do something about it, and try to live a healthier life.  After all, I have everything to be happy about -- a loving and uber supportive husband, great kids, fantastic, loving, friends, and an all around satisfying life. 

I know I'm an emotional eater.  That's just a fact of life.  I'm an emotional person.  That's another fact of life.  I just need to replace eating during stress, with something else, and I think I may have found it.

I used to write stories and poems all the time, and won a few awards.  And then jobs, and sometimes two jobs, and kids, and marriage, and divorce, and failed relationships, and well, life, got in the way.  When Eddie went to Woodrow Wilson the first time, these two stories started budding in my mind, and then he came home for a while and I had to put them on the back burner.  But since he's been gone this second time, I've been writing up a storm, and I have two projects going on.  They are both romantic comedies. 

It's really helping me at night, when Kevin is at work, and I'm home alone.  It keeps my mind off of food. 
I think I've found my passion. 

1 comment:

Christina said...

Carbs before noon sounds like a good plan. I hope you'll be sharing those romantic comedies with us, or maybe we'll just have to pick up a copy once it's published! That's awesome though. Writing is a great outlet. I used to like to write too, except I would get stuck after awhile, and just start up a new story. So, I never finished one!