Thursday, November 11, 2010

Turdimonious Thursday

"Turdimonious."  That's a word I just made up -- a fancy word for "crap."  That's what I felt like when I stepped on the scale this morning and it showed 2 pounds up.  What the ?????   I don't even know what to say about it.  I even lifted one leg, leaned a little onto the wall, and shifted where my feet normally rest -- and it still didn't budge. 

This is what I have learned:  unless you do something radical, you are not going to lose weight.  Screw the "baby steps," and the "just deduct 100 calories per day," or even "500 calories per day."  Unless I cut down to 1200 or less, I won't lose weight.  And at 1200, I will eventually plateau at about 3 weeks.  That's just a fact of life for me. 

Reality sucks.

1 comment:

thefatladysings said...

Hey, Heather. I think you're like me, in it for the long haul. In my humble opinion, 1200 calories per day is not sustainable and will put your body into starvation mode, where it jealously clings to every calorie you take in.

I'm no expert, though, obviously. It's weird - I think I'm eating about the same when I don't track/journal my food as when I do, but I only lose when I'm tracking. Must be some self-deception going on there. Anyway, that's how I've been doing it, with a little bit of success. I generally seem to eat about 1800 cal. per day when I'm "on track". But I'm tall.

I wonder if you have access to a nutritionist or a trainer who can sort out the truth from the lies about a healthy regimen?

If only we were alcoholics, eh? Then all we'd have to do to recover is not drink. But we do have to eat - what? when? where? how much? with whom? what with what? Arghh!