Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday Report

I've lost five of the seven pounds gained.  I pretty much ate what I wanted for breakfast last week, and then had some kind of grilled protein, vegetables and small sweet potato for lunch, and then cereal and a bagel at night.  I also started taking Vitamin D supplements along with my regular vitamin.  A couple of years ago some blood work revealed that I had basically no Vitamin D.  I was put in a 10-day regimine of a huge dose of Vitamin D and I remember feeling miracuously healthy after about 3 days -- no aches and pains.  I was reading in a magazine over the weekend about the benefits of taking Vitamin D -- that it can actually promote weight loss (especially belly fat), and relieve arthritis, along with other aches and pains. 

Talked to Eddie alot over the weekend about Woodrow Wilson.  He was not happy there.  He told me some things that were going on that are quite disturbing actually, and I feel really bad about pushing him to stay there.   He wants to go to Germanna Community College, so we went there Friday and made an appointment to see a counselor next Friday.  He also went to the new hospital across the street from the campus and filled out an application for a volunteer position.  The plan is by Spring to get him a small apartment near campus.  He may have a roommate as he has a couple of friends in the area who are looking to do the same thing.

One thing he learned at Woodrow was cooking.  He seems to have a bit of a natural talent for it.  He made lasagna yesterday.    But he's still a scientist at heart and wants to pursue that at Germanna, and then transfer to a four-year college. 

Gonna stick to ceral at night, and see what I can lose this week.

No comments: