Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Update on Hubs

Main complications of persistent high blood pr...Image via Wikipedia
My sweetie pie went to the doctor yesterday.  He lost 5 pounds and his blood pressure was down to 110/70!  We were both ecstatic.  He wasn't counting calories.  I made meals for him at home, without added salt and used ingredients that had no added salt and low-sodium products (i.e., no salt added tomatoes, low-sodium chili seasoning, etc.).  He ate healthy stuff, yogurt, fruit, salad, baked chicken, low-salt chili, sandwiches on whole grain bread, steamed vegetables without added salt, and steamed rice. We did go out to dinner over the weekend, and he did get what he wanted, but it was pretty darn healthy -- grilled mahi mahi, mashed potatoes and grilled vegetables, and half a dinner roll.  And Sunday he ate more grilled fish, mashed potatoes, salad, and broccoli.

I'm finally getting into mental readiness for healthier living as well.  I've shared with you all before that I am definitely a stress eater.  While I was preparing all kinds of healthy things for Hubs, I was sneaking a doughnut here and there. But his good results, and being scared by recent events, I'm back on plan with the 400 calorie meals.

I've started the painting classes on Sundays, and they are really helping me with stress.  When I walked into that art class for the first time, I felt I had come home.  The smell of oil paints, paint thinner, and clay from the pottery class..... HEAVEN!    I completed a small, and simple, still life with a bowl of fruit, and will be working on a new project this week.  I definitely am feeling happier, and more balanced.   

This morning I started out with my two of my old friends ... skinny cinnamon dolce latte and an apple bran muffin.  I bought Healthy Choice entrees and fruit for lunches. 

I'll keep you posted.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: