Sunday, January 2, 2011

Lettuce, Tomatoes, Peapods -- Oh My!

Lettuce wrapsImage by toastforbrekkie via Flickr
In looking back at past blog posts it came to my attention that I am not a big fan of NO CARBS.  So I'm modifying my eating plan to reflect Phase 2 of the South Beach diet, whereby you can add some fruit and a couple of servings of wholegrains. 

In preparation of eating healthier this week, I went to the grocery store and spent $67.00 for the week.  Not bad, huh?  Here's the menu plan for tomorrow:

Brkfst:  Oatmeal, hardboiled egg, orange
Snack:  peapods and red pepper strips with hummus
Lunch:  2 wraps:  (rotisserie chicken, roasted red pepper, and feta cheese wrapped in romain lettuce leaves)
             grape tomatoes
Snack:  1oz cheddar cheese
             apple
Dinner:  more rotisserie chicken, brown rice, steamed broccoli and two cups salad
Snack:  sugar-free pudding

I'm ready for this. 

Really I am!

I swear.

Oh you just wait.

You'll see.
           
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: