Sunday, October 3, 2010

New Challenge

A spoon containing breakfast cereal flakes, pa...Image via Wikipedia
Judy and I are going to try out something different this week, starting tomorrow.  We are going to to the Turbocharge Special K Diet for one week -- compliments of Women's World, Jan. 19, 2009.  Supposedly, the skinny-minis that tried it out for Women's World each lost 8 pounds in one week, so I'm thinking I should be able to do it too. 

If anyone wants to join in, let me know, and we'll post our results next Monday.

This is the diet:

Breakfast:  1 bowl of cereal, up to 170 calories
                  1 small piece of fruit or 2/3 cup berries
                  1 cup fat-free or 1% milk

Lunch:        Same as breakfast
                 
                  or

                  1 1/2 cups mixed greens, 2/3 cups chopped veggies
                  3 oz lean beef turkey, or chicken or fish
                  1/4 cup shredded low-fat cheese
                  2 tbsp lite dressing
                  2 small whole-grain crackers
                  1 small apple or pear

Dinner:       1 frozen entree up to 280 calories
                  1/2 cup steamed vegetables
                  1/2 cup fresh fruit

                  or sample cooked meal:

                 4 oz fish, baked or sauteed in 1 tsp olive oil
                 1/4 cup mushrooms and 2 tbs ripe olives
                 1 cup steamed veggies
                  1 small whole-grain roll (less than 100 calories)

Snack:  choose one daily:  1 small pear or apple and 2 tsp peaut buter
                                         1 cup lite yogurt; 1 tbs nuts
                                         100 calorie pack almonds
                                         1 small fruit or 2/3 cup berries

I've already bought my stuff for the week.  I plan on doing cereal for breakfast and lunch, and doing a McDonald's chicken ceasar salad, and their bag of apple slices, sans the dipping sauce,  if for some reason I'm out and about and cereal is not readily available.  For dinner I will be eating Healthy Choice entrees, the Green Giant microwavable single serving vegetables, and a piece of fruit.

The cereals I chose were Multigrain Cheerios (110 calories for 1 cup -- so I can have 1 1/2 cups and it will look like ALOT!)  I also got a box of Kellogg's Fiber Plus Antioxidants Berry Yogurt Crunch (170 calories for 1 cup).

WHY THIS DIET IS GREAT:

Don't really have to think about food much, it's a very simple plan with limited selections.
Budget friendly.
Easy portion control.
Cereal increases your vitamin intake.
Excellent weight loss results.

I'm R-E-A-D-Y!
                
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

only a number said...

Hmmm, it sounds really easy! I LOVE cereal so that wouldn't be a problem at all. I also really like several of the Weight Watcher frozen meals.

If I can get to the store tomorrow to get my frozen meals I may join you!

YOU CAN DO IT HEATHER!!!!

Christina said...

This is exciting! I wish you the best of luck this week for that! I know you can do it!