Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Feeling the Side Effects

List of U.S. state foodsImage via Wikipedia
I'm feeling achy, tired, and all around lousy, and I know it's due to my poor eating habits the past week and a half.  It's difficult trying to get back into the groove of healthy eating.  I'm craving pancakes, and doughnuts, and pasta, and jumbo shrimp and risotto.

I didn't do too bad during the day yesterday, but I had to work late last night and grabbed a happy meal from McDonald's for dinner, with 3 chocolate chip cookies.  And if that wasn't bad enough, I got a child's size chocolate milk shake. 

While I was eating that, I started catching up on emails and read one that Ellie sent me about what's in McDonald's hamburgers.  YUCK!  No wonder I'm feeling lousy.

Wish I could say I did better this morning, but sweet cravings got the best of me, and I ate a double chocolate chip muffin (not the Weight Watchers kind), and a cup of milk.

The good thing is that I have the rest of the day to make good, so I will heat up a Healthy Choice entree that I brought with me for lunch, with some brussel sprouts.  Ditto for dinner.

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Christina said...

Girl, I understand. I know what you're feeling. I'm feeling the same way. But we'll get back to where we were.