Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Prevention's "400 Calorie Fix"

I ordered and received Prevention's book entitled 400 Calorie Fix.  I like anything that says I can eat bagels and ice cream.  They promote four 400-calorie meals a day, however, there is a quick slim section where you can eat three 400-calorie meals a day and lose up to 11 pounds in two weeks.  Thereafter you eat four 400-calorie meals a day until you reach your goal.  Filled with lots of pictures and great ideas for eating out, it truly looks like a plan a person can live with for the rest of their life.  For instance, for 400 calories, you can go to Red Lobster, order a whole lobster, baked potato with small pat of butter, and brocoli.  Not too bad, huh?  And if you decide on the four 400-calorie meals a day plan, you could add a cheddar biscuit and deduct those calories from your fourth meal.  There are freebies -- pretty much any and all salad stuff (except beans and cheese).   So add a salad to that lobster meal (take off the croutons) and bring your little spray bottle of zero calorie dressing.  

Because of the amount of weight I need to lose, I am starting with 1600 calories.  I eat out a lot, and usually just eat 3 meals a day, so I will probably borrow calories from my fourth meal to allow me a piece of bread, or an ice cream cone.

I am working on a list of all my favorite restaurants and meals that fit into this plan -- thanks to those handy, dandy, nutritional guides now available online!  I will share this soon.

No comments: