Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Good Intentions

The day started promising.  Feeling almost completely cured of my nasty cold, I went to work today.  Yesterday, the hairdresser told me that she could not believe I had a 30 year old son, and bless her heart, said, "Ma'am, I just don't believe it, may I see your ID!"  So what if she was trying to sell me $24 dollars worth of product, I fell for it and giggled like I was 18.  Feeling sprightly for an almost 52 year old this morning, I decided to wear my slimming tunic top, what I consider to be skinny black pants, my very cool silver peace earrings, and my sandals from Sweden with the white leather flowers on top. 

Not only was I stylin', I was feeling in control.  Breakfast was a snap: two eggs lightly scrambled (no cheese, thank you), one piece of wheat toast with a smidgen of Promise spread, 1/2 cup of blueberries, and one tiny turkey sausage link for breakfast.  One half BLT on wheat with mustard and grapes for lunch.  Made it through the day without too many hungries and got home about 4:45pm.  It was such a lovely evening -- no humidity -- light breeze -- 80 degrees -- fluffy clouds.  A perfect evening for dinner out with my children and granddaughter, so we went over to Outback and had a nice dinner and then went to the pond and fed the ducks. 

Now I said in my previous post that I would borrow from my fourth 400 cal meal to add to my third meal, but .... I might have gone a little overboard.  To celebrate this most glorious day, we started out with crispy, crunchy, coconut shrimp dipped in an orange marmalade sauce.  I felt pretty much in control and decided to have just one.  After eyballing the last shrimp on the plate, I quickly told my son to go ahead and eat it because it was quite a distraction.  My son ordered a 1/2 order of chicken quesadillas, and having never tried it before, decided I would have the smallest wedge on the plate.  In addition I had one small piece of pumpernickle bread with butter, a bluecheese wedge salad (I know! I know!)  plus about 3/4 of a terriaki marinated steak with 1/2 loaded baked potato and 1/2 sweet potato.  Whew! 

But not all is lost.  Following our dinner we went to the park with Madimoo to burn off some calories.  I even went down the slide twice -- once by myself, and once with Madimoo.  (Yes, we both fit.)  And in case you don't believe this, I am posting pictures.  You can see that steak dinner at about the third roll down.  (I didn't wear my spani-panties.) 

Well, tomorow is another day.   This is just a little hiccup.  No worries.  I'll make it up tomorrow.  Promise.  Yep, that's the ticket.

No comments: