Sunday, June 5, 2011

5 Months!

Wowzee, I just checked my blog and realized it's been 5 months since I've written. 

Some good things have been happening, though.  The art class is going great.  I entered my second painting into a show and it got accepted.  Didn't sell, but it got on the wall, and alot of people came on opening night.  it was a lot of fun.  The show  was called, "Feast for the eyes" and my painting was of Madimoo looking through a cake dish at some cupcakes.  See below:

I just finished another painting of Madimoo that I am going to enter into the "Liberty" show and I'm going to entitle the picture "Freedom of Expression."   The show begins July 1 and runs through the 31st.  Say a prayer that it will be accepted into the show! 



We went on a great vacation to Newport, Rhode Island; Cape Cod, Massachussetts; and Old Saybrook, Connecticut.  I'll post about that with some pictures next.

I also started a new job!  Loving it so far.

I've also been living a little more simply (cooking more, painted my front door instead of buying a new one, put my own new mailbox up instead of paying someone to do it, etc.), and giving more to charity. 

So those were all things on my to do list in January.

Now .... I know what you thinking ......the other thing on the list .... weight loss

Oh man.  What can I say?  The scale needed dusting this morning.  Need I say more?

No comments: