Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Failing Miserably

I haven't written because how interesting is it to hear this:

Up a pound.  Up a pound.  Up a pound.  No gain.  No gain.  Up 1/2 a pound.  Up 1/2 a pound. 

Oh yeah, I've taken residence at the "Doughnuts" farm.  It's a real nice place to visit.  I became great friends with Doughnut's cousins .... hamburgers, fries, cokes, pizza, and cookies.

I'm trying real hard to get on the wagon and get the heck outta here, but I may be stuck for a while -- like until after the cookie party. 

So when you see me, just look at my face, and don't let your gaze wander down to say belt level. 

I have met some challenges, however.  I finished my Christmas shopping, and the wrapping.  Got up the tree and have almost completed decorating the house.  Tonight I aim to decorate the exterior of the house.

I completed four chapters of a book I'm working on.  I painted a picture for my son, Eddie, for Christmas, and I have another work in progress. 

Some fellow blogmates are already talking about New Year's resolutions.  Here's mine:

1.  Lose 30 pounds and keep it off.
2.  Finish my book and submit it for publishing by Dec. 01, 2011.
3.  Complete the art class that I am starting on January 9, and complete one piece of art that is good enough to sell.
4.  Pay off all my credit cards.
5.  Save more.
6.  Give more to charity.
7.  Live more simply (i.e.,  # 8 below; don't buy anything unless I really need it).
8.  Limit eating out to once a week.
9.  Read a spiritually uplifting book and practice what I learn from it.
10.Buy a house in Florida with a pool (kinda goes against #7, but hey, it's an investment, right?!).

Today's eating:

Breakfast:  4 pieces of cinnamon raisin toast with butter and 8 oz milk
Lunch:        1/2 buttermilk fried chicken breast; grilled zuchinni, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes, and a biscuit with butter and honey
Dinner:  spaghetti, green beans, italian bread and butter

I could do some damage control and just have cereal for dinner, but it aint gonna happen.

No comments: